What is ResKids?
ResKids is the name for our combined youth training ministries. ResKids takes a Gospel-Centered approach to leading our kids. The goal isn't that the kids stay "off the street" or seem entertained. We want them to know, enjoy, trust, and share Jesus!
We are dedicated to creating an environment that takes our children seriously as little souls, needy of our glorious God and his Gospel. We believe the Lord's direction that we should "Train them up in the way they shall go and they will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6). We believe Jesus is just as excited about transforming the lives of children as he is adults. We want our children to experience Christ's resurrection power, hence the name ResKids.
It is our hope that at the resurrection of the dead in the age-to-come, we will stand side by side as equals and co-heirs with these children God has entrusted to us. We take our kids seriously.
What Happens at ResKids?
The goal of our children's ministry to is to lead our children into a healthy, saving, growing relationship with Jesus. We focus mostly on three areas:
- Understanding, believing, and sharing the Gospel.
- Navigating their Bibles.
- Practicing prayer; seeking and worshipping God.
It's our hope that our children will see Jesus as their greatest treasure, and whole-heartedly choose to enter a life-long love-relationship with Him. We're patient with our kids. And we trust God that if we lead them to Living Water, they will drink.
We do require frequent background checks on all ResKids volunteers. We are careful to foster a safe, healthy environment for our kids.
When is ResKids?
- Worship & Training Sundays - Our kids have children's church during these services. This is the main ministry to think of when you hear "ResKids."
- Mission Sundays - Our kids come with the adults during our Mission Sunday adventures. Most churches we go visit have childcare, though occasionally the children are with us in the service these weeks. Children join us on the afternoon activities.
- ResKids Sundays - Every 5th Sunday of the month, for ResKids Sunday, our entire service is dedicated to investing in our youth. We play games, learn together about Jesus, and make sure the kids know they are a real part of The Resurrection.
- This is our youth missions ministry, which is under the umbrella of ResKids.
- The Lord has given us much success in building relationships with the youth of downtown Granite City. Since we first held an I Love My Neighborhood event in Summer of 2013, we have a tradition of calling our regular youth outreach We Love Our Neighborhood Kids!
- Our Neighborhood Kids events take many forms, and happen especially throughout the summer. (Check the calendar.)
Questions? Just email us, or call at (618) 798-1771.