Mission Sundays are about both fellowship and outreach.
Fellowship means relationships with other Christians, and outreach means relationships with those we don't know, or those who don't trust Jesus.
On the 4th Sunday of each month, we spend the day together. Sometimes, we do not hold a church service on those days. Instead we go build relationships. These are a little different every month, so you'll need to check the calendar for details.
Mission Sundays have two parts, mornings and afternoons.
Mornings (Loving One Another)
- We go visit other congregations, and experience their worship services.
- We visit different congregation every month.
- Feel free to car pool with us.
Jesus says Christians should be known by their special love for one another (John 13:35). We are not in competition with other gospel-trusting, bible-believing churches. We want to learn from and appreciate each other. We are on the same team, in the same family.
Afternoons (Loving Our Neighbors)
- These afternoons are spent either serving or evangelizing (or both).
- Sometimes we'll do a work project, like building a wheelchair ramp or helping out at the local inpatient alcohol center.
- Sometimes we just think about who in our lives need to hear about Jesus, and make plans to go spend the afternoon with them, in small teams.
- In the summertime, we do humble outdoor street evangelism, or events like a sports camp in the local park.
We know that sometimes people are intimidated by evangelism. We aren't going to push you to do something you aren't ready for. But wouldn't it be great to tag along with others who can help you learn how to share Jesus with your friends and family?
Feel free to contact us if you want more details.
Mission Sundays are a great week to come to the Resurrection for the first time. You'll see the heart of our church: loving those around us.